EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL
The purpose of the Doctors Charter School of Miami Shores EESAC is to work to ensure improved student achievement. One of the ways the Council will do this is by assisting in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan (SIP).
School Improvement Plan
The EESAC will act as a liaison between parents, teachers, the community, the School Board Authority, and the school.
The EESAC will provide input and make recommendations to the Executive Director in the following areas:
- Review of the charter school's policies to ensure consistency with the school's mission
- Recommendation on policy issues
- Development of long range strategic plans
- Participation on fund raising efforts
- Review and recommend performance standards to measure the charter school's success
- Assist in the development and evaluation of the school improvement plan
The Doctors Charter School EESAC is composed of:
- 4 parents and 2 alternates
- 5 teachers
- 1 School Board Authority member and 1 alternate
- 1 business/community members and 1 alternate
- 1 support staff member
- 2 students
- Executive Director
Parents are welcome to attend meetings, which are generally held quarterly at 4:00 pm in the Media Center.
Parents are also encouraged to communicate with EESAC members to request agenda items.